Lemon Mascarpone Creams
These quick and easy desserts make a delicious sweet treat for any occasion. Add the zest of 1 lemon to the cream mixture for an extra citrus kick.
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 50g caster sugar
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 200ml double cream
- 10 sponge fingers
- 2 tbsp white chocolate curls, to decorate (see tip)
Ready in 15 minutes
Add a creamy soft frosting instead of the dusting of icing sugar, if liked. Simply beat 100g full-fat soft cheese with 100g very soft unsalted butter until smooth, then beat in 100g sifted icing sugar.
- Mix the lemon juice and sugar in a bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the mascarpone in a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until soft and smooth. Gradually beat in half the lemon sugar mixture, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until softly peaking. Gently fold the cream into the lemon mascarpone mixture. If it is a little too firm, fold in 2-3 tbsp of milk or single cream.
- Dip four of the sponge fingers in some of the remaining lemon and sugar mixture then arrange in the base of four glass serving dishes, breaking to fit if necessary. Spoon half the mascarpone cream mixture on top.
- Repeat the layers once more using the rest of the sponge fingers, lemon sugar mixture and lemon mascarpone cream. Scatter the white chocolate curls over the top. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving.